Develop and record robust production processes for new molds based upon scientific molding. These activities are to be performed as documented in the Quality System Procedures and Work Instructions in a manor that supports Empire Precision Plastics Quality Policy.
1. Review mold design layout and mold flow analysis on new production projects and make recommendations for press selections.
2. Participate in daily sample communication meetings to review status and timing for all mold samples.
3. Champion production process development for new mold.
a. Develop and record production process for new molds using Scientific Molding techniques.
i. Optimize fill speeds with Shear Curve analysis
ii. Determine gate freeze
iii. Optimize pack pressure
iv. Develop and provide DOE data when required. (IQ, OQ, PQ)
v. Log process development information into Empire database.
b. Determine auxiliary equipment requirements for optimal production process.
4. Provide direction and help engineering debug new production molds.
5. Provide support to the production floor.
a. Assist in trouble shooting existing production molding issues. b. Help train process technicians on scientific molding techniques and troubleshooting skills. c. Assist in setting up molds for sampling.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Basic Blue Print Reading.
Microsoft Literate (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Proficient in injection molding process development using Scientific Molding.
Understand basic mold design concepts and terminology
Sr. Process and Technology Engineer
Standing eight hours per day, able to lift up to 55 lbs three hours per day
4-year degree in engineering science or 5-10 years work experience